Plot Plan Requirements
A PLOT/SITE PLAN of the proposed project is required for ALL zoning permits along with the permit application. Applications without a plot or site plan will not be accepted. You may submit professional drawings or one you have created yourself. Depending on the project, professional scaled drawings may be required.
Your plot or site plan MUST show:
- Exact dimensions of the property including property lines (It is the responsibility of the property owner to know where their property lines are located or enlist the services of a professional land surveyor for determination). The City does not maintain records of property boundaries.
- Dimensions and location of all buildings or structures already existing on the property
- Exact dimensions and location of the work that is planned
- Exact distances measured from the proposed work to each property line (known as setbacks)
- A north arrow
- Street name(s) and the address of the proposed project
A Zoning Permit is required for all of the following:
- Decks, porches, and patios
- Fences, walls and/or hedge rows
- Garages (attached or detached)
- Pools (18 inches of water or more)
- Sheds and accessory buildings
- Siding, re-siding, roofing, and re-roofing
- New Businesses
- Driveway aprons/approach (Right of Way)
Driveway & Street Permit Requirements
- A Right of Way Permit is required whenever work is to be done in the public Right of Way including driveway aprons or approaches. Liability insurance and bond may be required.
- A Street Opening Permit is required whenever a contractor digs under or through the street. Liability insurance and bond is required.
What does a Plot Plan look like?
Below are a couple of basic examples. These examples do not meet with Munroe Falls Zoning Code. These are examples only.